SBUNE Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thirteenth birthday, enter name

Go down

Thirteenth birthday, enter name Empty Thirteenth birthday, enter name

Post by GreyscaleSibyl 5/22/2011, 12:55 pm

Alright everyone. Welcome to what will, with the help of you and what I'm hoping will be an army of homestuck readers, be more than just another false start.
SO. What exactly makes this different than all the other attempts? There are three main points.

1. Most other attempts are nothing more than "Oh yeah, let's make this" with no real idea what they are doing, or how to do it.
This is different. At during the writing of this announcement, I have almost every detail on how this will work figured out, with the exception of worldgen vs. set levels, which I plan to discus once there is more than just me here.

2. Other projects had no means of making the game. They just started up without even deciding what tools to use.
We, on the other hand, will be using The April 2011 version of Epic's UDK. UDK uses unreal 3 as it's game engine, which is the fantastic engine behind such games as mass effect and gears of war

3. Organization, or lack of, as the case seems to be. Not this time, however. oh no. I will make sure of that. I am the prefect to your school, the twilight sparkle to your ponyville, the Slave master to your sweat shop. That is my job. making sure this happens.

Now, the differences between SBUNE and SBURB are as follows;
  • Flight will be possible, but limited.
  • Time travel will not be implemented, because it is very hard to implement it into a game.
  • Frog breeding. It is a waste of time. No.
  • Communication. Because you are playing a single player version of SBURB, you will not have pesterchum/trollian. It's okay, though. I promise you will still find yourself desperately needing a pair of lunchtop shoes.

Alright. Here's the details on how it's going to work.

Graphics:
Spoiler:

Character creation:
Spoiler:

Combat:
Spoiler:

Alchemy will function almost exactly like SBURB, with the exception that there will only be one way to combine items, not two.
Also, captcha codes will be uniquely generated each session. No alchemizing a god tier sword Five seconds in Insolent

This is all that I will say for now.
GreyscaleSibyl
GreyscaleSibyl
King Of Space

https://sbune.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum